Desert Flora

Desert Flora

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ok...if things come in threes, we are sunk! I awoke at the appointed hour this morning and very quickly discovered a bladder infection that went for zero to sixty in a very short time. I was SOOO uncomfortable and if you have ever had one, you will concur. After trying to find a clinic, I gave up and ended up at Mercy Hospital Emergency room. There was a silver lining here...when I walked in at 7:00 am, I was the only one there. I had expected throngs of sick people. I was in and out of there in 15 minutes with drugs and I am sure a bill that will really make me sick when I see it. Once I filled the prescriptions, we were on our way and things improved all day long. Cipro for 7 days should do the trick.

Sox has been a piece of cake. She is a very good traveller, but today I was wondering if all the curves over the Siskuyos were too much. She was very subdued and just sat with her head hanging down or finding a very dark corner to hide in.

The comments on Matt's mishap yesterday were entertaining. He remains just a little pissed at himself, but it is all fixable.

Tomorrow we have a 6 hour and 15 minute drive to Palm Springs...our shortest day...YEAH!
More when we have something to tell. We are looking for an event-free day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my!! Way, way too much going on for you two.!!! Sox is the only one that seems to have her act together,but now you are saying that SHE is suspect as well. (I think she was experiencing car sickness or she may be deydrated. Cats dehydrate in a micro-second, especially when they are upset.) I will be so glad to know when you have arrived safely and you are all ok...bicycle included. Love you....Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, besides a possibly carsick cat, (was she reading?!) was there any snow evident in the Siskyous? Hopefully you are in PS now and enjoying sun, fun and relaxation!

    ReplyDelete