Desert Flora

Desert Flora

Saturday, February 6, 2010

It is now Saturday night and a lot has happened since I last wrote. As you may remember, I had to visit an emergency room last Sunday in Eugene due to a bladder infection.  Medication was working and I was feeling so much better.  Thursday night rolled around and I was feeling quite bad and found that with insurance from out of state, my best bet was the emergency room once again.  We were there for over 5 hours and in that time I had a blood test, a urine sample, intervenious i.v. for more antibiotic, a Cat Scan and a cathader to relieve the pressure in my bladder.  That was such a relief as I thought I was going to explode...most uncomfortable.  We left at midnight with instructions to see a urologist.  Out of town insurance issues make this so difficult.  LUCKILY, it is now Saturday and I am feeling so much better. The diagnosis was that for whatever reason, I was not adequately emptying my bladder...thus the cathader.  The infection is all but gone (still on cipro for one more day) and the CAT SCAN showed no abnormalities anywhere.  I AM ON THE MEND!  I told Matt that I even hesitate to write this because it sounds like we are having the worst time ever.

One more little tidbit.  Matt took a long bike ride three days ago and came back home with blood running down his leg and he was very dirty.  He was riding on Ramon which is a very heavily travelled street and the sidewalk ended.  Some guy told him to go down into the arroyo and come back up on the other side where the sidewalk resumed.  He went down an incline with rocks and negotiated that just fine, but then he hit sand and he went ass or teakettle.  The bike tire sunk in the sand and the bike came to an abrupt stop and Matt did not.  This he did in front of lots of cars and in plain sight. His pride was hurt more than anything.  We had to laugh that what else could go wrong.

Our condo is nice and in a nice area.  Sox is doing great and has made herself at home.
We are looking forward to some good weather starting Monday.  It has rained all day long today.  By tomorrow it is supposed to improve.  Our kids are coming on Thursday and we NEED some sun.  Cross your fingers for us.

Hopefully, this Dan and Debbie Downer stuff has come to an end!  Someone thought we might want to change our name to the GRISWOLDS!

2 comments:

  1. Ah well, it could be worse. . . You could be stuck in D.C. Looks like improving weather is headed your way: 70 degrees by Fri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - at least it sounds like you have your sense of humor. Feeling better? We're sending lots and lots of sun. It's out in full force again so we're pushing it your way.

    ReplyDelete